Standard 3/4" Y-1 Hydrants
Inlet - 3/4" NPT
Outlet - 3/4" Brass or No Lead Brass Hose Thread Adapter
Self Closing can be locked open or closed
Brass Plunger with 3 quad ring seals
1" Glavanized Pipe and Galvanaized Internal Pipe
Outlet should stand 27" above ground
|Model No.||UPC Bar Code (Qty. 1)||Pipe Connection x Pipe Depth||Overall Length||Approx. Wt./Lbs.||Purchase|
|Model: Y17501||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03038 4||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 1' Bury||Length: 40.3"||Weight: 13.16|
|Model: Y17502||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03039 1||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 2' Bury||Length: 52.3"||Weight: 15.7|
|Model: Y17503||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03040 7||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 3' Bury||Length: 64.3"||Weight: 18.24|
|Model: Y17504||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03041 4||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 4' Bury||Length: 76.3"||Weight: 20.78|
|Model: Y17505||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03042 1||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 5' Bury||Length: 88.3"||Weight: 23.32|
|Model: Y17506||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03043 8||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 6' Bury||Length: 100.3"||Weight: 25.86|
|Model: Y17507||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03044 5||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 7' Bury||Length: 112.3"||Weight: 28.4|
|Model: Y17508||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03045 2||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 8' Bury||Length: 124.3"||Weight: 30.94|
|Model: Y17510||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03046 9||Conn x Depth: 3/4" x 10' Bury||Length: 148.3"||Weight: 33.48|
Self-Closing for Public Areas, No-Lead
Several important improvements have been made on the self-closing hydrant over the years. These improvements and the basic design are why we believe the self-closing is the best hydrant of its type in the industry.
* 1) Self-Closing stainless steel spring and water pressure closes hydrant.
Benefit - Hydrant shuts off so water is not wasted. Ideal for public use.
2) Locks Open or Closed simply push lock button to lock hydrant open or closed (Available WITHOUT locking pin - so only open when the hydrant head is manually pushed down).
Benefit - Hydrant can be locked to restrict use if needed.
3) Brass or No-Lead Brass Hose Adapter heavy-duty hose adapter for standard 3/4" hose coupling.
Benefit - Standard garden hose thread in long life non-corrosive brass or no-lead brass.
4) Extra Thick Walled Head Casting greatly reduces breakage and ensures longer life.
Benefit - Withstands years of use and rough service.
* 5) Flow Control Valve Available standard hydrant sold without flow control valve, if wanted, order seperately. To install simply remove top plug.
Benefit - Flow rate can be regulated easily.
6) Cap Screws hydrants manufactured after 11/1/77 will have 3/8" x 5/16" self-locking socket head cap screws, and assembled with a locking sealant.
Benefit - Provides strong hold for hydrant head to pipe for years of service.
7) High Quality Galvanized Pipe 1" extra heavy pipe on outside and galvanized pipe on inside.
Benefit - Corrosion protected for long life.
8) No Exposed Threads on inside pipe or outside pipe.
Benefit - No uncoated metal to rust for longest life.
* 9) Cast Iron Body with Stainless Steel Sleeve for plunger seals to travel in, and pressed into heavy cast iron valve body for strength and economy.
Benefit - Smoother sealing surface for plunger seals with longest life.
*10) Solid Brass Plunger hydrants manufactured after 11/1/78 will have (3) ethylene propylene quad ring seals, self-lubricating and never come out of adjustment, have longer life, and withstand higher pressures.
Benefit - Longest operating life plunger of its type.
* 11) Swivel Parts permit withdrawal of all moving parts without digging up hydrant. A 3/16" hex key will allow disassembly of hydrant by simply removing two cap screws and pull up inside pipe with plunger for inspection.
Benefit - Very easy repair, simple reliable design.
* Exclusive Merrill Quality Features NOTE: Recommended Maximum Operating Pressure 60 psi (Due to Self-Closing Design). Flow Control Valve Available.
|Model No.||UPC Bar Code (Qty. 1)||Part Description||Purchase|
|Model: Y-1||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03035 3||Description: Head Complete - Part No. Head Casting, Y-2A, Y-4, G-6, 1/8x3/8MDK|
|Model: Y-2A||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03062 9||Description: Lock Pin|
|Model: 1/8x3/8MDK||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 00051 6||Description: Roll Pin|
|Model: Y-3||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03068 1||Description: Compression Spring|
|Model: A1-1/4C||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 10014 8||Description: Spring Retainer|
|Model: Y-4||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03089 6||Description: Countersunk Head Plug|
|Model: G-6||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 01543 5||Description: Brass Hose Adapter|
|Model: GNL-6||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 41048 3||Description: No Lead Hose Adapter|
|Model: Y-7||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03099 5||Description: 1/4" x 1/4" Socket Head Cap Screw (used before 11/1/77)|
|Model: Y-8||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03100 8||Description: 3/8" x 5/16" Self-Locking Socket Head Cap Screw (used after 11/1/77)|
|Model: Y-20||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03053 7||Description: Flow Control Valve (Optional)|
|Model: Y-35||UPC Bar Code:||Description: Inside Galvanized Pipe|
|Model: Y-37||UPC Bar Code:||Description: 1" Galvanized Pipe|
|Model: Y-40||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03090 2||Description: Valve Body with Stainless Steel Insert|
|Model: Y-41B||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03096 4||Description: Plunger with Seals|
|Model: Y-45X||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 03098 8||Description: Quad Ring Seals (used after 11/1/78)|
|Model: A-250||UPC Bar Code: 6 42367 07720 4||Description: Container of Silicone Lube|
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD MERRILL YARD HYDRANTS DRAIN BACK INTO WELL OR DRINKING WATER SUPPLY!
Merrill Mfg. disclaims all liability of any kind and voids the hydrant warranty for installations of this product where it can or could drain back into a drinking water supply.
For installing and maintaining MERRILL Y-1 & Y-2 yard hydrant.
1. First be sure water line on which hydrant is to be installed has been thoroughly flushed to wash out foreign particles. Merrill will not warrant or accept any responsibility if the water line is not flushed out prior to attachment of hydrant.
2. Be sure the hydrant is installed with provision for drainage below the frost line.
a. If hydrant is installed in a pit, the pit must have an open bottom or some form of drainage.
b. If hydrant is buried in the ground, a few tile can be laid in gravel or coarse material to form a field system for the drain.
c. If hydrant is buried in the ground and no tile are used, be sure to put a quantity of gravel, crushed rock or some coarse material, not sand, around the drain of the hydrant. This will permit faster and better drainage.
3. IMPORTANT - If hydrant is buried in the ground it is a good idea to put a brick or large stone under the hydrant, because when the hydrant drains and this subsoil becomes wet, it will allow the hydrant to settle and thus put a strain on the pipe to which it is connected. A brick or stone would carry this water weight.
4. To connect the hydrant to the water line, just turn it onto the male threaded connection for which it is intended. Merrill has hydrant elbows and tee fittings available for
connection to flexible poly pipe.
a. CAUTION - When the hydrant is tightened, be careful that it is not tightened so tightly that the valve body will be screwed further onto the stand pipe and thus change the adjustment of the hydrant.
b. The correct adjustment of this hydrant can be checked by making sure that distance from bottom of valve body to bottom of plunger is 1”. This is done with hydrant in the complete “on” position.
5. IMPORTANT - Before backfilling the trench, turn on the water. Then turn on the hydrant by pushing down on hydrant head to let the water flow. Merrill will not accept any responsibility for digging up the hydrant if the installer fails to flush out the water line before attaching hydrant to water line AND to check the hydrant for proper operation before backfilling the trench.
WARNING: If the ground freezes at or below the bottom of this hydrant your warranty is void and damage due to improper installation or act of nature is not covered by manufacturer.
1. In maintenance, nothing is needed.
2. To replace any valve or plunger parts, NO NEED DIGGING UP HYDRANT - Simply remove (2) Allen head set screws (Y-7/Y-8), pull hydrant head and pipe, up through stand pipe. To re-install, drop pipe down through stand pipe, align holes and install the Allen screws. If you have to replace valve body, make sure that distance from bottom of valve body to bottom of plunger is 1”. This is done with hydrant in the complete “on” position. This assures proper alignment.
Hydrant head down...................................................................................Water will flow
Hydrant head up........................................................................................Water will stop
To lock Hydrant head down................................................................Push lock button in
To release for shut off...............................................Push lock button opposite direction
To lock Hydrant closed...............................................Push lock button when hydrant off
|Model No.||Part Description||Purchase|
|Model: RBHE75||Description: 3/4" NPT x 3/4" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHE100||Description: 3/4" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHEL100||Description: 1" NPT x 3/4" Plastic Pipe Elbow (Extra Long Barbs)|
|Model: RBHE1000||Description: 1" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHEL1000||Description: 1" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Elbow (Extra Long Barbs)|
|Model: RBHE1025||Description: 1-1/4" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHE125||Description: 1-1/4" NPT x 1-1/4" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHENL75||Description: No Lead 3/4" NPT x 3/4" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHENL100||Description: No Lead 3/4" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHENL1000||Description: No Lead 1" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: SSHE75||Description: Stainless Steel 3/4" NPT x 3/4" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: SSHE100||Description: Stainless Steel 3/4" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Elbow|
|Model: RBHT75||Description: 3/4" NPT x 3/4" Plastic Pipe Tee|
|Model: RBHT7510||Description: 3/4" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Tee|
|Model: RBHT1000||Description: 1" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Tee|
|Model: RBHTNL75||Description: No Lead 3/4" NPT x 3/4" Plastic Pipe Tee|
|Model: RBHTNL7510||Description: No Lead 3/4" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Tee|
|Model: RBHTNL1000||Description: No Lead 1" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Tee|
|Model: SSHT75||Description: Stainless Steel 3/4" NPT x 3/4" Plastic Pipe Tee|
|Model: SSHT7510||Description: Stainless Steel 3/4" NPT x 1" Plastic Pipe Tee|